Marketed Health Products Directorate
The Marketed Health Products Directorate (MHPD) works to assure that Health Product and Food Branch (HPFB) programs take a consistent approach to post-approval safety surveillance, assessment of signals and safety trends and risk communications concerning all regulated marketed health products.
Activities of the MHPD include:
- monitoring and collecting adverse reaction and medication incident data;
- reviewing and analysing marketed health product safety data;
- conducting risk/benefit assessments of marketed health products;
- communicating product related risks to health care professionals and the public;
- overview of regulatory advertising activities;
- providing policies to effectively regulate marketed health products;
- active surveillance and drug effectiveness project.
Offices and Bureaux:
MHPD is composed of the following areas:
- Director General's Office
- Office of Risk Management and Science
- Bureau of Strategic Initiatives and Planning
- Marketed Biologicals, Biotechnology and Natural Health Products Bureau
- Marketed Health Products Safety and Effectiveness Information Bureau
- Marketed Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Bureau
- Therapeutic Effectiveness and Policy Bureau
Contact the Marketed Health Products Directorate
To receive more information about us and our programs, contact the Marketed Health Products Directorate (MHPD).
Our core hours of operations are: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)