Baby Bottle Nipples
Baby bottle nipples may wear out over time. Nipple tears or holes can appear with age and exposure to heat, certain foods, and sunlight.
- Inspect baby bottle nipples before and after each use.
- Discard bottle nipples showing signs of wear and tear immediately: a child could choke on broken nipple pieces.
- Altering the baby bottle nipple hole is not recommended; doing so may make the bottle nipple more likely to tear, causing small pieces to break off.
- Ensure that baby feeding equipment, including bottle nipples, are cleaned before use.
- If your child is teething, consider replacing your bottle nipples more often.
For more information
General information about the safe use of children's products: