Stay Safe - An Education Program About Hazard Symbols!
The Stay Safe program teaches children to recognize the hazard symbols found on household chemical products in a fun and interactive way.
Stay Safe has two components:
- two education guides for educators and caregivers: one aimed at preschoolers (3-5 years of age) and one for school-aged children (up to grade four)
- an interactive on-line activity module for children
The educator's guide provides the background information, while the on-line activities are fun and help children to remember the messages of the program.
The Stay Safe program promotes these simple messages:
- Stop when you see a container - don't touch
- Look for a hazard symbol
- Stay safe - go get a grown up
- Stop…Look…and…Stay Safe
This interactive tool teaches children about hazard symbols using colouring pages, connect-the-dots, puzzles, a puppet show, and hidden picture and maze games.
- An Education Guide to Hazard Symbols (for Children 3 to 5 years of age)
- An Education Guide to Household Chemical Products for Children 5 to 9 years of age
To order hard copies of the Educator's Guides, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-662-0666.
- For Industry and Professionals
An index page providing information on related guidance and regulations intended for industry and professional audiences.