Eating well adds enjoyment to life. Having meals regularly together as a family is linked to better nutrient intake and lifestyle habits in children and teenagers. Experience a variety of food and take the time to eat and savour every bite.
Enjoy eating and sharing meals with family or friends as often as possible. Here is how:
- Cook with family or friends to make preparing
meals more fun and less work.
- Experiment with new foods and recipes.
- Enjoy a potluck with friends.
- Celebrate special events with family and friends of all ages. It's a great way to pass along cooking skills and learn about traditional or cultural foods.
- Be a positive role model for children. Prepare and eat healthy foods with your children to set a good example.