Health Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Common menu bar links

Health Concerns

Scientific Exemptions

Below are the necessary forms and guidance documents to apply for scientific exemptions. If the controlled substance for which you are seeking scientific exemption is not available in Canada, the Office of Controlled Substances (OCS) licensed dealership may import it for another country on your behalf. If this is the case, please contact the Evaluation and Authorization Division of OCS directly for more information and direction.

Exemption Application Forms

If you would like to request any application forms for Scientific Exemptions, send an email to

Exemption Bulletins

Guidance Document